Pages

24/05/2016

I hope our compost decomposes soon!

On Monday the 23rd of May, my class Room 7 and I decided to make  our class compost.

My teacher Miss Chao put us into four teams to gather the ‘ingredients’ that we needed to make our compost. The first group had to rip up clean newspaper. The second group had to cut the banana peels from the bananas that we ate after lunch. The third and the fourth group had to go and collect some leaves. I was in the third group with my friends Mana, Caleb and Matej. We had to go and get some leaves to contribute to our compost.

When we got back, we had to cut the leaves and put it into the compost bin. We cut the materials that we had so that they will decompose more quickly. After that, we all had a turn to stir and water the compost.

My favourite part was when we got to stir the compost because I wanted to see what it would be like after we finish stirring it.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount starting with the introduction, following by the events and a conclusion of making compost with my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.