Pages

23/05/2016

That was the best birthday ever!

Image result for restaurantsLast Friday was my grandmother's birthday so we decided to take her out for dinner at Fortuna restaurant up in Sky City.
It was a dark, cold evening so we put on  our warm jackets before leaving home.
When we arrived at our destination, the first thing we did was look for a car park. It took us a while to find a parking on level nine because the place is always busy especially on a Friday. Then we went in the elevator to go up to the restaurant. When we got there, my aunt Lily had already made a booking for us. We checked with the waiter and within a minute, we were taken to our tables.
Meanwhile, we had to wait for my cousin John to arrive because he got stuck in traffic. As soon as he arrived, we all headed straight into the buffet tables to get our food as we were all starving! I had ham, chips and some fish. When I had finished all the savory food, I decided to eat some cheese cake and some ice cream for dessert. When I ate the cheese cake, it just melted in my mouth and it was so delicious. I loved it! It was the best cheesecake ever!
Hopefully next time we could go to the top of the Sky tower so we can enjoy the view of Auckland City at night. Also, next time I wish that we could spend more time at the restaurant because there was a lot of food for us to try but we ran out of time. My favourite part was eating the best cheesecake ever!
Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in writing a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe my weekend celebrating my grandma's birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.