Pages

29/11/2016

Come on, let's have a karate lesson!


On the 20th of November my dad and I went to Hill park school for my karate class.

Screenshot 2016-11-22 at 10.18.32 AM.png
When we got to Hill park school, my Sensi Christian decided to have a meeting with us first to discuss what we were going to do for our fundraiser on hypnosis night. A hypnosis night is when a hypnotist comes in and they hypnotise some people. After the meeting, our class started.

Before we started the class, we had to bow in. A bow is when you sit on your knees and think about what you thin is going to happen. After that, we had a warm up. We had to find a partner and stand opposite each other and I was with my friend Cooper. Next sensi Christian said, " Run to each other and do 10 to 1 push ups then go back and do 2 to 1 setups and keep going!" After 15 minutes of a warm up, we did komate.


Komate in English means fighting. First we had to put on our mits and pads. Mits and pads are protection guards for our hands and feet.

After we got ready, we went back to our partner and started to fight. Cooper said that I was as blind as a bat because I always forget where I was hitting. After we fought for a little while, I partnered up with my friend Morgan. Morgan is a person who has a heart of gold because she is sweet and kind.

After that, we rehearsed for the hypnosis night. I was with my friends Andrew and Jess, they are people who are always as busy as a bee. We had to think of activities to do on the night.  My friend suggested that we could do the mannequin challenge. The mannequin challenge is when you stay still like a mannequin. After we did the mannequin challenge, we went home because we were tired.

I had a wonderful time doing the mannequin challenge. I hope next time, my friend Sam could come because she really wanted to do the mannequin challenge.

Learning Intention: We are learning to use descriptive language.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate similes to describe my karate class.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Alessandra!

    What an awesome blog about Karate and the Hypnosis Night. It sounds really fun. You probably already know that Karate comes from Japan, which is kind of what I'm here to talk to you about.

    You don't know me yet, but I am Mark Sensei, a teacher working for the Summer Learning Journey. It is an online programme you signed up for at the end of term to do over summer. I noticed that you haven't started yet, so I thought I would use this opportunity to say "Hello" and introduce myself, and remind you that you can start the SLJ any time you like. I'm sure the summer holidays can be boring at times, especially if it rains, so please jump on and join in with your classmates later if you want! It's all about travel and you can choose your country to be Japan, so you'd learn a lot about the country your sport originates in and probably find a few historical ties to the Samurai, maybe. Haha! I guess that's for you to find out because I don't really know!

    I hope to see you online soon, I know you'd be really good at the SLJ because of how awesome this blog is.

    Kia kaha!

    Mark

    PS. Sorry for the deleted posts, some silly spelling errors in the originals!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.