Pages

23/08/2016

Do you have a basketball hoop?

Learning Intention: We are learning to use descriptive language in our recount.
Success Criteria:I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe my weekend buying my cousin a basketball hoop
On Saturday, my family and I went to the Warehouse to purchase a basketball hoop for my cousin. First, we had breakfast. We had some cereal, bread and some eggs. Then we went to the Warehouse that is at Sylvia park in the car.
After we went inside the store, we went to look for a basketball and a hoop straight away. When we saw the basketballs, we thought that they weren't pumped up properly, however they were all beautiful. My dad chose a nicely pumped up ball because we didn't have a ball pump. Then we went to choose a basketball hoop. My dad and mum saw a junior hoop for $80 dollars. We weren’t sure whether it was a small one or not because it came in a huge box.
We asked a staff member if we could have a look inside the box because we weren’t sure if the basketball hoop was the right size for my cousin or not. When we looked in the box it was too small. So my parents, brother, sister and I tried to find a bigger hoop as quietly as we could. We found one that was just the right size so we brought it for $70.
Soon we left the store and we went to the pizza shop to order a pepperoni and a ham and cheese pizza. The cashier said that we could pick up the pizza in 20 minutes. We waited for my mum to get the pizza and then we headed to my cousin's house. I ran as quickly as I could back to the house because I was so excited about playing with the basketball.
My favourite part was when we got the basketball and the hoop because my brother, cousin and I have always wanted to get a hoop. My family and I were all so happy because this way we can have exercise any time that we want. When my brother, cousin and I get better at playing basketball, we might get a higher basketball hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.