Pages

22/06/2016

Have you ever had a birthday at the swimming pools before?

It was a cool, sunny day on Saturday the 18th of June, so my family and I went to the swimming pools in Panmure because it was my nana's birthday.


When we got there, we quickly changed into our togs as if we were running away from a volcanic eruption. Then we ran to the pools as fast as we could because there were a lot of people and we wanted to be first.
First we played some games with balls. We passed the ball to each other. When we were passing the ball, my cousin Luke threw the ball at me and it hit my face. It hit me so hard that I almost cried.
Image result for birthday cakesAfter a while, I felt better so I went to line up for the water slide. It was a very long and loud queue so it took me a long time to get to the top. When it was finally my turn, I felt a little bit scared because it was a long and dark tunnel. When the light turned green, I went down the slide very fast. It was so dark that I couldn't see anything.


After that, I felt hungry. Before we ate, we sang the happy birthday song to my nana and we gave her a cake. It was a big, yellow banana cake. I love banana cakes because they are very sweet. We also had chocolate ice cream, warm hot dogs, hot chips, cake and some cold drinks. The food was very delicious and yummy. Soon it was time to go, so we had a nice, warm shower. Then we had a lovely drive home.


I had a very relaxing time with my family and I really enjoyed going on the slides. I hope I’ll be able to try the other slides next time.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in my writing. 
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I us adjectives to describe my recount about my grandmother's birthday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.